Creating a GRE Account is mandatory before you can take a Subject Test. Here are a few brief FAQs to help you begin with, followed by the steps to create your account and some details that will come in handy.
What is GRE Subject Test?
A GRE Subject Test is a subject-specific test that allows you to assess your expertise in that particular field.
How is it different from a GRE General Test?
A GRE General Test is different as it is conducted to assess your Reasoning, Quantitative and Verbal abilities.
Do I need to create 2 separate accounts for the 2 tests?
No, you can take either of the 2 tests by creating an ETS Account that will help you manage your information.
Here’s how you can create a GRE ETS Account that will help you get started-
- Visit ets.org/gre
- Click on ETS Account. You will find it in the top-right corner.
- Since you are registering for the first time, click on Create an Account.
- The first section of the form will require you to enter your Personal Information. Provide every detail with complete accuracy.
- The second section will ask for your Username & Password along with a Security Section to help you personalize and regulate your account.
- In the third and the final section, you will be required to Review your submission and check for corrections/errors. If you find any fault, you may simply click on the Back button and make the necessary alterations. Otherwise, you can click on the Submit button and complete your registration.
Important Note: Be very careful about the information that you provide. For your convenience, each important field is followed by a text guide to ensure that your details are entered correctly. Read the text carefully before you provide the details. In case of any discrepancy, your registration will be blocked.
Once you submit the application, you will have successfully registered yourself to appear for the Subject Test.
A few must-know details:
- You may appear for a Subject Test in any of the following 7 areas:
- Literature in English
- Biochemistry, Cell, and Molecular Biology
- With your ETS Account, you can register for GRE Tests, apply for testing accommodations, and even purchase preparation material.
- You can also sign up for the free GRE Search Engine that will help you connect with colleges where you may want to apply. You can opt for the email/text notifications to stay updated.
- Through your Account, you may View/Edit/Cancel your registration anytime.
- After the test, you can review your scorecard and request for an ASR (Additional Score Report), which will be an additional $15.
- If you already have an account with the TOEFL or the Praxis program, you can easily access it by linking it with your ETS Account.
- Ensure that you go through the policies of the respective colleges before you submit your Subject Test score. While some colleges are particular about requiring the same, others are not. Moreover, submit only your best score to make your application stand out.